Wednesday 14 January 2015

Tiddly Inks Are The Bee's Knees

Sooooooo...... after a year and a half break from serious DT work I have decided that with only my youngest at home full time it might be time to throw my hat in the ring for a few DT calls.  Although in saying that I am only going to try out for companies I love and that totally inspire me.  One of those companies is Tiddly Inks, I have always loved Christy's illustrations and I thought I might as well have a go since the Tiddly Inks team are looking for a few new designers.

I have made a card using Happy Bee Day, she is so sweet and when you purchase her you get some very cool extras :)


I coloured her with Spectrum Noir markers on Watercolour paper.  If you follow my blog you will know that I am just switching to these markers, due to cost and availability, from copics.  I noticed today that with the SN markers on watercolour paper you can't oversaturate like you can with copics.  I was having trouble with the blending on the face so I went over a few times to get a better blend BUT the paper started to pill, just a warning for those of you out there starting out with these like me :)  I managed to fix it without too much drama but the paper is definitely rough in that area.  I used my FAVOURITE MME paper, Sweetest Thing Tangerine.  I actually finished the 6x6 pad, BUT luckily I still have another 3 phew ;)

Here is a close up of the image....


I printed my sentiment in word and punched out with some oval punches.  I finished off the card with some twine, liquid pearls and heart confetti punch outs.

I am so in love with this card and know exactly who i am going to send it off to.

Thanks loads for visiting and happy scrapping ( or cardmaking lol )

1 comment:

  1. Love this Lou! This card is joy on paper chick. Love the MME papers, think I have that set too. Your colouring is fab, didn't notice the face being rough til you said. I think she looks bee-utiful! Good luck with the DT call, you'd be fab! Big hugs, Wends xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Another Fly By

When I was playing with cloud backgrounds a couple of weeks ago, I also did this background using distress oxide in Mermaid Lagoon, I used a...