Tuesday 21 January 2014

Scotties Crafts - Kaisercraft Violet Crush Layout - Time Tested

Today I would like to share a layout of my good friend Becks and I, made using the Kaisercraft Violet Crush collection.  We have been friends since we met at boarding school the day we started way back in 1990 :)  We catch up at Christmas every year when she comes home to see her mum and dad.


To start my background I screwed off the top of a mist and painted it on the white cardstock  under where my photo layer would be so it was going to show out the sides....

 I then chose a butterfly from Stacy Stamps Butterfly Free set and painted some picket fence distress paint on it with a paintbrush so it was well covered....

 I then worked out the placement and stamped it on the corner of my painted section being sure it would show one the photo layer was stuck down.....

I gave the whole lot a quick dry with my heatgun to be sure that my adhesive would stick.  I then put down my photo and layers which I had assembled earlier which include papers from the 6x6 pad and violet crush collectables.

I then added my title and stamped the date....

Thanks loads for joining me today :)  Happy Scrapping.


4 comments:

  1. Love the artistic feel of this layout...
    BCU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise, I hope you are OK, love the scrapbook page. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful!! I love how you did the background. Great picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! So very pretty. Which Chick is you? *smiles*

    ReplyDelete

Another Fly By

When I was playing with cloud backgrounds a couple of weeks ago, I also did this background using distress oxide in Mermaid Lagoon, I used a...