Monday 12 December 2011

Christmas Tags

A few gift tags to share with you.  I have actually made these for my children as decorations for the tree, hence the monogram letter on each one.

Firstly we have Connor's Tag.......

 For all three cards I cut 2 labels on my cricut with the George and basic shapes cartridge and stuck them together to make the tags a bit firmer.   For this tag I embossed a background in white ep with the music notes  stamp from the December 25 clear stamp set by KaiserCraft, I then painted with glimmer glam be positive, once the glimmer glam was dry I buffed with a chux cloth to bring out the white embossing. I stamped the  "25" from the December 25 stampset with versamark and embossed again with white EP, I then inked over with Distress ink in Fired Brick. I finished the tag with some spotted organza ribbonbakers twine and an AC Thickers letter.
 Angus' tag took a lot longer to complete and looks very shiny and textured in real life.  I started by inking the tag with a sponge withDistress ink in Fired Brick, I then stamped the flourishy stamp fromDecember 25 stamp set in versamark and embossed with copper ep, I then painted over with be positive glimmer glam, once again I burnished when it was dry with a chux cloth.  I then sprayed with glimmer mist in iridescent gold and dried with my heat gun, I brushed the edge of the tag with glimmer glaze in sea kelp and stamped the sentiment withblack stazon.  The chipboard star is painted with glimmer glam be positive and covered with royal coat gloss, once dry I I edged it with agold inkpad.  I used a kaisercraft wooden flourish and coloured it with a gold inkpad.  the A is another AC Thicker.
And lastly Jodie's tag.  Painted completely with glimmer glam heffalumpand I  then stamped the angel from December 25 stamp set and embossed in silver.  The roses and crystals were attached with my heat gun and a pink organza ribbon tied and bowed at the top to finish.


I am entering these into the following Challenges........
Dream Valley Challenges - Christmas
Gettin Cricky - Joys of the season
Gingerloft Challenge - Winter & Christmas
The Squirrel and The Fox - Christmas
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Christmas Glitz
Pile it On - Bling it On
Let's Ink it Up - Christmas Projects
Paper Sundaes - Anything Christmas

24 comments:

  1. These tags are so pretty. I have been making a lot of tags this year with more to go. Thanks for sharing them at the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge.
    Cheri - Getting Cricky JrDT
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these beautiful tags, Louise! And I am sure that your children will as well. Each one is so detailed and different. Your extra efforts pay off tenfold in your finished work! Thanks for all the references & links in your post, it makes it easier to learn how you achieved such masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou, your tags are awesome, each one a work of art with so man lovely details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous, such lucky kids! I love all three
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes
    Hugs
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. O wow these are so pretty, great detail in them all!!
    Kristan
    Getting Cricky Jr. DTM-Sister

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning tags, love them all. Thanks for joining us at LIIU, good luck. Hugs Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. These tags are gorgeous! I really like the music one. Great job.

    Thanks for joining us in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge.

    Jessie
    Getting Cricky Jr DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a GREAT idea to make these for ornaments - and they're beautiful! Love these.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you made these tags as decorations for your children. Each one is special - thanks for sharing these with us at Pile it On.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome tags! Thanks for joining us for the Simply Sunday Challenge over at Getting Cricky with K Andrew!
    Miranda :)
    Getting Cricky JRDT
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! Awesome job on your tags!! I love them!! TYFS!!

    Amanda
    Getting Cricky JrDt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Louise,
    Oh what a Gorgeous Christmas tags!!! Love the dps, the colour scheme is gorgeous. Love the layout and the embellishments. Thanks for joining us at The Squirrel and The Fox and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Louise a stunning set of tags, and I love the last one especially. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. great tags thank you for joining us at stamptacular this week

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous tags! Thanks for joining us at stamptacular sunday and I wish you luck on the challenge. Hope we see you soon again at stamptacular.

    Hugs,
    Heleen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Christmas tags/ornaments! I love the idea of the monogram.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These tags are beautiful. I love them. Thanks for sharing.
    Heather Getting Cricky JRDT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your tags are very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges.

    Hugs,

    Sherry - DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love tags and these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These tags are beautiful Louise. Merry Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your Tags are Awesome! Thanks for joining the Simply Sunday Challenge!

    Letillia, GCJDTM
    divaof5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh thesegift tags are so pretty!! Thanks for joining Simply Sunday.
    Charlotte
    Getting Cricky DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such pretty tags!

    Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley.

    Lin

    ReplyDelete

Another Fly By

When I was playing with cloud backgrounds a couple of weeks ago, I also did this background using distress oxide in Mermaid Lagoon, I used a...